Effective as of July 25, 2019
While our Site is not intended for use by children, we are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA). We recommend that parents discuss with their kids restrictions regarding the online release of Personal Information (as defined below) to anyone they don’t know.
Information We Collect
“Personal data” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, and your Internet Protocol (IP) address. We may collect this information when you create an account or complete a purchase on our Site.
Like most websites, we use automatic data collection technology when you visit the Site to record information that identifies your computer, to track your use of our Site, and to collect certain basic information about you and your surfing habits. This information includes information about your operating system, your IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, keywords, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of a website you visit, and similar information concerning your use of the Site and the Services (the “Usage Information”).
We collect this Usage Information by using cookies and pixel tags (also called web beacons or clear gifs). Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of website users. You can reject cookies by following the directions provided in your Internet provider’s “help” file. If you reject cookies, you may still visit the Site, but may not be able to use some areas of the Site and/or the Services.
How We Use Your Information
• To identify you when you sign in to your account;
• To respond to your inquiries and contact you about changes to the Site and/or the Services;
• To send you notices (for example, in the form of e-mails, mailings, and the like) regarding services you are receiving, and for billing and collection purposes, if any;
• To send you information we think you may find useful or that you have requested from us;
• To enhance and improve the Site or the Service, such as through personalized features and content;
• To analyze the use of the Site and the Service and the people visiting to improve our content and Site and the Service;
• To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our policies, or as otherwise required by law;
• For any other purposes disclosed at the time the information is collected or to which you consent; and
We will only keep your data for as long as necessary to carry out our services to you or as long as we are required by law. After this your personal data will be deleted. We cannot remove your data when there is a legal storage requirement, such as bookkeeping rules or when there is a legal ground to keep the data, such as an on-going contractual relationship.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We, like many businesses, sometimes hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples may include mailing information, maintaining databases, hosting services, and processing payments. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function, which may include Personal Information.
If Accelerate, or all or substantially all of our assets are acquired, we expect that the information that we have collected, including Personal Information, would be transferred along with our other business assets.
Additionally, we may disclose your Personal Information and Usage Information to government authorities and to other third parties when compelled to do so by government authorities, at our discretion, or otherwise as required by law, including but not limited to in response to court orders and subpoenas. We may also disclose your Personal Information and Usage Information when we have reason to believe that someone is or may be causing injury to or interference with our rights or property, other users of this Site, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, email sent to or from us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
European Privacy Rights:
We recognize and will comply with certain data protection laws in accordance to the European Union’s General Data Production Regulation (“GDPR”). Users who are located in the EU have the following rights:
• Right of Access. You have the right to request from Accelerate a “data controller” as defined under the GDPR, which is the personal information we gather about you including information about the sharing, storage, security, and processing of that information. You further have the right to transmit this information to another third-party.
• Right of Correction. You may have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in certain areas of your personal data in our custody and control, subject to certain limitations as provided by law. You may request to access, update and correct inaccuracies in personal data we have in our custody or control by writing to us at email@example.com. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying your identity in order to request certain information records.
• Right of Erasure. You have the right to request that your personal information be erased from our possession (subject to certain limitations under the applicable law). If we are required to comply with your request, upon deletion of your information you may be prevented from using our services on the Site.
• Right to Object and Complain. Subject to limitations as provided in the GDPR, you have the right to object to how and why your personal information is used and processed. You further have the right to complain to the appropriate supervisor about our handling of your personal information.
• Right to Restrict Processing. Subject to limitations as provided in the GDPR, you have the right to request restrictions of how and why your personal information is used and processed. I
f you have questions about exercising these rights or need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to any requests.
Process to Review and Make Changes to Personal Information:
If you wish to stop receiving promotional e-mails, you may do so by e-mailing email@example.com. You may also choose to unsubscribe from our emails by following the instructions in the bottom of the email.
Links from Other Sources:
Children and Privacy:
Accessing and Modifying Account Information
You may update the information that is stored in your user account by visiting the Site or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Notice to Users Outside the U.S.
How to Contact Us