Please read these Terms of Service carefully before using the https://www.acceleratebooks.com website operated by Accelerate Books, LLC.
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
Your access to the Site is subject to these Terms, and by using the Site, you agree to follow and be bound by the Terms, and further agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including United States and Florida laws. In these Terms, the words “you” and “your” refer to each customer, Site visitor or user. “We,” “us,” and “our” refers to Accelerate. “Services” refers to all services provided by us on the Site.
YOU AGREE THAT BY USING THE SITE AND THE SERVICES THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND YOU ARE LEGALLY CAPABLE OF ENTERING INTO A CONTRACT. Minors are not eligible to use the Site without the supervision of a legal guardian and we ask that they do not submit any personal information to us. You acknowledge that we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone and to cancel user access at any time.
Changes to Terms: It is your responsibility to review the Terms periodically. If you do not agree to the Terms, do not use this Site. We may modify these Terms at any time without notice to you, and such modifications, additions, or deletions shall be effective immediately upon posting. You agree to check the website for notices, and that You will be considered to have received a notice when it is made available to You by posting on the Site
Changes to Site: We may change or discontinue any aspect, service, or feature of the Site, including, but not limited to, the content, availability, and equipment needed to access or use the Site, at any time and without notice. If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.
Date of Last Revision: July 25, 2019
Your Account: During your use of the Site, it shall be solely your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your e-mail address, password, and any other account identifiers related to any personal account you created on the Site (the “Account”), and for restricting access to other users or computer(s). You also agree to accept sole responsibility for any and all activity that occurs under your Account.
Monitoring: We shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor your or other users’ use of the Site to determine compliance with the Terms and to satisfy any law, regulation, or authorized government request. We may share personally identifiable information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request, or where we deem, in our sole discretion, that it is necessary or otherwise required by law.
Ownership: This Site is owned and operated by Accelerate. Aside from third-party licensed content, all rights, title, and interest in and to the materials provided on this Site, including, but not limited to, information, documents, logos, graphics, sounds, images, audio-visual works, characters, and the intellectual property rights therein, including, without limitation, copyright and trademark (the “Materials”) are owned by us. “Accelerate” and the Accelerate logo are trademarks and are the exclusive property of Accelerate. Except as otherwise expressly provided herein, none of the Materials may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, displayed, transmitted, or distributed in any way, and nothing on this Site shall be construed to confer any license under any of our intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication, or otherwise. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by us.
Third-Party Content: The Site may contain links to websites controlled by third parties. We have no control over the content of any third-party site, and these Terms do not govern your use of any such third-party site. Additionally, the Site may reference products, services, or other information by trade name, trademark, or otherwise, and such reference shall not be construed as an endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation of or by such third parties unless expressly stated to the contrary.
Submissions: We are pleased to hear from our visitors and welcome your comments regarding our services. However, please be advised that all material is received on a non-confidential basis. While we do value your feedback, we request that you be specific in your comments and not submit any ideas, suggestions, or materials (unless specifically requested by us).
If you send us unsolicited creative suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, or other information (individually and collectively, “Submissions”), you hereby grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free right, but not the obligation, to use the same. We may already be exploring concepts and ideas generated by employees or other outside sources that resemble the Submissions. We may have similar or identical ideas that may have been generated independently. Therefore, you hereby waive any claim that we misappropriated any ideas or portions of the Submissions in any current or future productions or endeavors. In addition, you agree not to enforce any “moral rights” in and to the Feedback, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
User Behavior: Accelerate grants you permission to use the Site subject to all of the terms and conditions set forth in these Terms. As a condition of use, you agree not to use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful. You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations, including, without limitation, all intellectual property laws (such as U.S. copyright laws). Any unauthorized use of the Site is expressly prohibited.
By way of example, you agree not to (a) take any action, or (b) upload, download, post, submit or have Accelerate upload or post on your behalf or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any material and/or content, using any communications service or other service available on or through the Site, that:
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other right of any other person or entity; or
- is threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, offensive, profane, pornographic, or obscene, or promotes hate or incites violence; or
- misrepresents the source, identity, or content of information transmitted via the Site; or
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (“spamming”) or a chain letter, a pyramid scheme, petitions for signatures, charity requests, or any other similar solicitation; or
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit, or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, or other information of Accelerate or any third party; or
- impersonates, or falsely indicates an affiliation with, any person or entity, including, without limitation, any employee or representative of Accelerate; or • collects, or attempts to collect, personal information about users without their consent or constitutes a solicitation, for commercial purposes, of any users of the Site; or
Membership Subscription Levels:
- Individual Accounts give a single individual access to book summaries.
- Group Accounts give multiple people access to book summaries depending on the number of seats a group offers.
- Lifetime Members have access for a one-time fee.
- Subscriptions grant members non-exclusive, time-limited licenses to temporarily download one copy of the summaries on Accelerate’s website for personal, non-commercial transitionary viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title/rights. No member is entitled to a refund if the business ceases to exist, unless within 30 days per our refund policy. Members are not entitled to the summaries; availability is left to the discretion of the company.
- We reserve the right to change the contents of the book summaries at any time
- We reserve the right to remove any book summaries available in the library at any time. Availability of book summaries is subject to change.
- We reserve the right to change the amount of summaries added monthly.
- We own our book brief contents. Anyone who thinks there is copyright infringement may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertising: We may run advertisements and promotions from third parties on the Site. Your business dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers other than us, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. We are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred by you as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of third-party advertisers on the Site.
Security: Accelerate Summaries LLC uses industry standards, including SSL encryption, to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. However, Accelerate cannot and does not guarantee that any personally identifiable information provided to us will not become public under any circumstances.
Mobile and Other Devices: We currently provide our Site for free, but please be aware that your carrier’s normal rates and fees, such as data charges, will still apply.
Termination: If you violate the letter or spirit of these Terms, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, or for any or no reason whatsoever, we can stop providing all or part of the Site and/or Services to you.
Disputes: You will resolve any claim, cause of action, or dispute you have with us arising out of or relating to these Terms or the Site exclusively in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida or a state court located in Orange County, Florida, and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all such claims. The laws of the State of Florida will govern these Terms, as well as any other claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
If you access the Site from outside the United States, you accept full responsibility for compliance with local laws.
Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our written consent. All of our rights and obligations under these Terms are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
Nothing in these Terms shall prevent us from complying with the law.
These Terms do not confer any third-party beneficiary rights. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you. You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing the Site.
Accelerate respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf, Accelerate will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement committed using Accelerate’s service(s) and/or the Accelerate website (the “Site”) if such claims are reported to Accelerate’s Designated Copyright Agent identified in the sample notice below.
If you are a copyright owner, authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through the Site by completing the following DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement and delivering it to Accelerate’s Designated Copyright Agent. Upon receipt of Notice as described below, Accelerate will take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including removal of the challenged content from the Site.
DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement (“Notice”)
- Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or – if multiple copyrighted works are covered by this Notice – you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
- Identify the material or link you claim is infringing (or the subject of infringing activity) and to which access is to be disabled, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the Site or the exact location where such material may be found.
- Provide your company affiliation (if applicable), mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
- Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice: 1) “I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).” 2) “I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of, the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
- Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.